Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Join Me, Anyone?

I've had some good light-hearted discussions recently with a few VA friends of mine about the things we would do if we had more time. Getting back into shape came up in almost every conversation.

It struck me that as Virtual Assistants, we're really good at helping others, but sometimes we don't stop to consider some of the things we need until they can't be overlooked anymore. In fact, if we could exercise for our clients and check that off their daily agenda, a lot of us would probably do that a lot sooner than we would exercise for our own benefit.

I've used the "I'm too busy" excuse for a while now, but I know it's time to make some changes and set some fitness goals. So I thought what better time to invite me my fellow VAs and blog readers to join me! That's right- I'm looking for at least 10 other VAs to join me- the more the merrier.

I've signed up for the SparkPeople program at http://www.sparkpeople.com/. It is a personalized online diet and fitness program. I was shocked that such a comprehensive program is FREE. No, not just initially, but forever- or at least as long as you live. I figure I have nothing to lose but some weight, right?

You'll be hard-pressed to find something this program is lacking. It seems to have it all:

*personalized diet plan (optional) and food tracker

*personalized fitness plan

*lots of great recipes

*expert advice

*online community resources

* and more


So drop me an email right now at info@officesupportnow.com and let me know you're in. (No matter when you read this post, it won't be too late to join!) I will email you back with an invitation to join the special group I have set up on sparkpeople, just for us VAs. Or, of course, you can post a comment to this blog if you prefer.

And how does this posting pertain to running a successful business? Well, it's simple. The better you take care of yourself, the better you can take care of your clients. You'll have more energy and work more efficiently. Hey, we're all for that, right?

No comments: